We are constantly adding more recipes to our database, so please bookmark us and keep checking in for new recipes, or join our weekly newsletter for updates.
Triple delight chow mein
4 oz. small shrimps (shelled or de-shelled)
4 oz. chicken tenderloin
4 oz. pork tenderloin
4 dried black mushrooms
2 oz. spinach
1/3 cup shredded green onion
1 lb. dry noodle (thin or spaghetti)
½ cup shredded bamboo shoots
½ teaspoon salt (for shrimp)
1 teaspoon cornstarch (for shrimp)
½ Tablespoon soy sauce (for pork)
1 teaspoons cornstarch (for pork)
½ Tablespoon soy sauce (for chicken)
1 teaspoons cornstarch (for chicken)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce (for noodles)
1 Tablespoon sesame oil (for noodles)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups soup stock
10 Tablespoons cooking oil
½ Tablespoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
- Early preparation: soak the black mushrooms in hot water for an hour to soften them. Once they are softened, cut them into strips. Also, shred the spinach to about 1" long strips.
- Clean the shrimps, add the salt and cornstarch listed for the shrimps as above, and mix well.
- Cut the pork tenderloins into strings, add the soy sauce and cornstarch listed as above, and mix well. Repeat the same step for the chicken tenderloins.
- Cook the dry noodles in boiling water for about 3 minutes. Remove the noodles, immediately rinse with cold water, and drain well. Then put the noodles in a bowl, add the soy sauce and sesame oil listed as above, and mix well.
- Heat 4 Tablespoons of cooking oil in a wok, pour all the noodles in. Fry for about 3 minutes (NO stir frying) until the bottom is brown. Turn the noodles over, pour 2 more Tablespoons of cooking oil around the edge of the pan so you can see the cooking oil slowly slide under the noodles from the side of the wok. Fry the noodles until that side is also brown. Remove them to a large plate.
- Heat 4 Tablespoons of cooking oil and stir fry the pork tenderloin strings first. When they turn white, remove them to a bowl. Using the same cooking oil, stir fry the shrimps. When the shrimps turn pink, add the chicken tenderloins, then add the cornstarch paste. Stir fry briefly, and then add the spinach, green onion and fried pork. Continue to stir fry, and then splash on the sesame oil, mix again and pour over prepared noodles. Transfer everything on to a large plate, and serve.